Friday, May 23, 2008

Happy 1st Anniversary

Dandelion
*
On Saturday my friend Rosanna will be having a women's Kundalini Yoga retreat and she asked me to drum for some of the meditation chants. Yesterday evening I took my drum to her house so we could work out what we would be doing. We went to the Botanical Gardens, up one of the hills and sat under a grove of bamboo, overlooking the Savannah below. There I drummed and we chanted several mantras.

Sat nam (Truth is my identity) - chanted to awaken the soul and call upon the Truth that resides in all of us

Ek Ong Kar, Sat Nam, Siri Wha (He) Guru (There is one Creator whose name is Truth. Great is the ecstatsy of that Supreme Wisdom)

Ra Ma Da Sa Sa Say So Hung (Sun, Moon, Earth, Infinity, I am Thou) - powerful healing meditation

While drumming/chanting, it struck me that it's around this time last year I had purchased Dandelion, my drum, in Toronto. So I checked my old blog and scrolled through the Canada Chronicles to see when that was. Coincidentally, the blog entry for 22 May (yesterday's date) was also about an outdoor drumming experience, also on a hill with J, who is also a yoga teacher. Maybe the 21st and 22nd May are special yogic-drumming-on-a-hill days.

Turns out Dandelion's special day of purchase is this day.

Happy 1st Anniversary, Dandelion. You are one of the best purchases I ever made.

4 comments:

Andreamuse said...

I love your Dandelion!

K.C. said...

Wow, I am envious of this entire entry and what you are doing. I have never experienced anything like this. I hope it was a wonderful experience! KC

human being said...

Happy birthday Dandelion...
Many happy returns... like the 're-turn' of this chanting and mantras...

Gary said...

Hi, I'm back. Knowing Dandelion since the time of it's purchase, I wonder if it's sound has matured in some way? Glad you celebrated it's birthday in an appropriate way...