Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Toronto

Car with bumper sticker outside of friend's apartment, Toronto, 2009

A while ago I was reading the blog post of a friend who recently returned from a short stint in Toronto.  I understood her feelings.

Lately "Toronto" and "Canada" have been coming up a lot. A good friend of mine, like a bolt out of the blue, is moving up to Halifax with her husband and children. Late last year her husband got through with a new job, so the move was very sudden. Then yesterday I was talking to another friend who is on the verge of moving to Toronto with her husband and daughter. Everyone who is moving has a spirit of excitement, newness, courage and hope about them. It's a new life and, whether or not they're 100% ready for it, what choice is there when the option presents itself so strongly? 

In the words of The Clash: Should I stay or should I go?

Go.

 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, you made me get all teary eyed at my desk! My co-workers are asking me what's wrong. :)
Thanks for this. Funny you should mention Halifax. A good friend of mine, who successfully went through the application process sent me an email this morning as I'd asked him for advice. He suggested that I also consider Calgary (Colder but more jobs), and Halifax (by the sea, not as cold, smaller town....but more jobs)
I'm letting the wind blow me where it will right now. :)

Elspeth said...

May the wind blow you to fertile soil.

lace wedding dresses said...

Great article. I merely found your blog along with planned to declare i get genuinely liked looking at your blog blogposts.

Any words more splendid than Haute Couture? Amber’s wedding dresses 2012 provide you with exclusive custom-fitted clothing for your once in a lifetime. Met with previously perceived standardization on tailing techniques, we continue the spirit of extreme perfection on the explicit as well as the overall execution. The volume is narrowed down for our wedding dresses 2012 private and specific clients due to the time-consuming nature of these artworks.