Monday, September 12, 2011

Beyond words

If living abroad, you can purchase your copy of Daisy Chain from amazon. If you are in T & T you can purchase from Paper Based Bookstore in the Normandie. More copies are being ordered.
 *
The Daisy Chain launch was super fantastic—successful, enjoyable and aligned with the Divine. So far it was the best night of my life. It's hard to put into words because it was more of an experience. Being there physically would be the best description possible. Because the interior of the hall was in darkness for the majority of the launch (to enable the video projections that preceded each reading) there aren't really many indoor shots, other than those of the readers in the lamp light. The selected below images were taken by Curtis Khan. You can click on them to enlarge, if desired.
 Patti Anne Ali reads an excerpt from MONA 
Jamela Khan reads an excerpt from MRS. C.
Vanessa Duncan reads an excerpt from PHILIPPINE
 Autographing copies of Daisy Chain after the event.  The owner of Paper Based bookstore (who shipped in the books and had them for sale on the night) said it's the first time all of the books have sold out at a book launch (almost 90).

Standing with two friends at the end. The sign on the water says: "Water your inner daisy and you will flourish"

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Elspeth, very proud of you. The launch was very well organized, the film shorts before each reading were very creative and I could see the joy in your face. I hope that this will be the start of something very rewarding for you.

The book review by Dr Thorpe was magnificent.

Looking forward to your next book.

Stargirl

Elspeth said...

Thank you, Stargirl. Thank you for being there as always.

Lynn Cohen said...

Oh how I would have loved to have been there!

You look radiant! I am so proud of you, and happy for you too.
What a success!
And what a successful event!
Such a huge turn out and to have sold 90 books at one signing! Your hand must have been tired at the end of the evening.
Your smile says it all!!!!

BRAVO!!!!

PS "Human Being has given your book a plug on her "Buzz". I'll send you the link.

LunaNeala said...

El, just a suggestion, I loved the quotes you had running on a loop while we were waiting for the launch to begin. How about posting them online?

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here with a big grin on my face, I'm delighted for you! I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a copy. Love Rose xx

Elspeth said...

Thanks, Rose. Thanks, Neala. I had put some on FBook as a daily lead up during the week of the launch, but I didn't put all.

Elspeth said...

That's great, Lynn. I'll look out for the link.

RS Gold said...

Real generosity towards the future lies in giving all to the present.