Saturday, September 13, 2008

Dolly

My new market bag (only $3TT)

Today when I went for my morning walk I carried my camera with $43 dollars in my camera bag ($3 for Saturday newspapers and $40 just in case I went to the market). I did end up in the market and bought a few things. Since I hadn't carried my market bag, I had to buy one. I find this one quite funky, with its hearts and stars.

Upon leaving the market I saw the old woman who sits in that spot. I stopped and asked her her name.

She replied: "Dolly." (Oops, I'm now realising I didn't tell her my name). Then she said: "How you going, baby? You is the one who said you woulda help me with my foot?" She lifted up her skirt and showed me her left foot. "It mashing up."

I realised she meant her sneakers were mashing up and not her foot when she asked me if I have any old size 7 sneakers at home that I could spare her. She then mentioned that there were sneakers on sale in the market for $20. I had only $3 left on me (for papers), but told her I would see what I could do for her. She is there until 10 a.m. today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are able to find some size 7 sneakers somewhere. The bag is cool. I am forever forgetting my bag and then I have to stuff all my groceries into my big purse/bag.