Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Today is my Birthday

Sign at roadside on way to Castara on our first day in Tobago.
*
So far everyone who calls me is asking what 'special plans' I have for my birthday. I don't have any plans. I feel the Universe will pleasantly surprise me as I let the day unfold, ensuring that at least I do things that I 'want to do' and not 'have to do'. Therefore, no work today.

I got lots of lovely e-mails, messages and phonecalls - birthday wishes in general for health, love and happiness. I believe it when people wish me those things, so I look forward to enjoying these intangible gifts.

In terms of tangible gifts ... those I've received thus far are from my family and from T and they are all 'raw' related gifts. It certainly makes it very easy to purchase gifts for me now that I am 'raw'. Such a variety of possibilities ... from edible items to even small kitchen items (like a ceramic peeler), knives, etc. ... or larger kitchen items like a dehydrator, Cuisinart food processor, Vitamix blender, spacious fridge, etc. In fact you don't even have to buy gifts. I would be equally happy with those that are picked from nature (e.g. avocados, mangoes, spinach, etc.)

Today I will collect an unknown 'gift' from CLL at the University, where I do French. While we were in Tobago I got a phonecall from a woman telling me that I won a prize for French and that there is a package waiting for me at the office. I was surprised. I didn't even know they gave prizes for French! She didn't know what the prize was (the package is sealed) ... but I will find out today.

If there is one gift I would specifically ask for today it is that Bijoux returns or that we find her (alive). Bijoux is one of the three dogs (one of Hindi's pups) and Pippa's main playmate. She is terrified of thunder and, once it starts rolling, she normally comes banging on the door to be let in. But somehow this time, maybe the thunder was too loud yesterday ... and she disappeared. Driving around the area last night proved futile ... as did an early drive this morning to drop my sister to the airport.

At best she will return/be returned. At second best, someone kind and loving has found her and will give her a good home.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Wuzdescene said...

Happy Birthday Elspeth ... ENJOY!!! .... and hope you find your dog ...

GirlBlue said...

Have a great one Elspeth

Elspeth said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. And thanks for hoping Bijou comes back, Wuzdescene. Loud thunder just started up again so maybe it will scare her back home.

Andreamuse said...

Happy Birthday again!

I sure hope Bijoux comes back! So sad when that happens!

I hope every sort of magnificent and magical surprise comes your way today!

Elspeth said...

Thanks, Andreamuse. Yes, it's sad when animals disappear. Funnily, I thought of you today in relation to that - re Stardust.

meadysmusings said...

Happy Birthday! Also wishing you find your dog...

Lynn Cohen said...

Elspeth, Henry and I are sending you lots of "raw" birthday wishes, and Henry is sending out animal noises to attract Bijoix to come home, which I hope will be very soon.

Happy Happy Birthday to YOU,

Meow, meow, meow,

Happy Happy Birthday to YOU,

Meow, Meowwwwwwwwwww, Meowwwwwwwwww

Happy Birthday Dear Elspeth,

Meowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww,

Happy Birthday to YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Meowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Meowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
MEeowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Elspeth said...

Thanks, Meady.
Lynn & Henry thanks for that refreshing serenade - and Henry, for your animal noises.

sukipoet said...

Lynne told me it was your b-day. MIne too. You mean the 8th? Happy Birthday.

Elspeth said...

Thanks. It's the 7th.