Monday, August 10, 2009

Two videos from yesterday

(Canada chronicles continued ...)

Below, two videos shot yesterday, using Supernova's video function.

My friend Dara and I stopped to give food to a squirrel and a girl passing by told us that when you make a clicking noise with your mouth, you attract more squirrels. We tried it and it really works.

Later that evening I went to dinner at the home of some friends who have a balcony with a lovely view. Perfect for seeing the storm brewing ... and then later, seeing all the nocturnal celestial electrical action through the large glass doors. It may not look as dramatic in this little video ... but it was quite a show. I've never seen so much lightning in my life.

2 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

Thanks for taking me to the movies! I could see them both at once! Fun!!! Next time please supply popcorn!

Kimberlie said...

Neat! I make the same sound when I see a squirrel. I've never been that close to one before. Animals are so cute. I see toads regularly on my walks and always pick them up, give them a pat and then release them. I like the texture of their skin.

I would have liked to have heard the natural sounds of the storm. The video was great.