Friday, January 8, 2010

Blue Moon & New Beginnings


Time lapse of clouds rolling over the Blue Moon directly above us on the cliff
31 Dec 2008 - 1 Jan 2010

*
As time crossed the bridge from 31 December 2009 to 1 January 2010, I was on a cliff in Balandra with my friend Vandana, who came to visit me for a few weeks.

Below us was choppy black sea with galloping white waves, illuminated by the Blue Moon directly above like a spotlight. We didn't even know there was going to be a full moon that night ... much less a blue one. It was huge and amazing and seemed to have orchestrated itself to be over us at the moment that the year turned. Being the second full moon in one month, blue moons signal a powerful time. It is said that if you have special wishes and desires, this is the time to send them forth to the Universe in the form of rituals, prayers, etc.

Without even knowing, this is what we did.

We went onto the cliff at about 11:30 p.m. and did our own little personal rituals. Being on the cliff was like standing on a finger projecting into the Universe, surrounded by all of the elements - earth, air, fire (we were burning incense), water, ether. We had plastic tablecloths that we lay on, looking up at the stars and clouds racing over the moon The energy was tangible.

At 11:55 we did eleven minutes of a Kundalini Yoga meditation for prosperity. This took us to until 12:06 on 1st January 2010.

Then, inspired by this, V did her own ceremony, with me and the elements as her witness.

It was the perfect start to a new chapter.

When dawn cracked, after doing some meditation and yoga, I went down to the cove and found a large piece of driftwood floating in the water. It was shaped like a bow. I mentioned it to the friend I was talking to on my cellular phone at the time and she said: "And you are the arrow."

I brought it back home with me. It is a symbol of my focus for this year and the many bulls-eyes I will be hitting from now on.

No comments: