Thursday, June 17, 2010

Yoko answered my question

When I had my first solo interactive multimedia exhibition in 2001, a Venezuelan girl who was there said to me "Your work reminds me of Yoko Ono's work." (She later sent me a set of postcards made by Yoko). I wasn't sure what she had meant by her comment until I went and looked up Yoko Ono.

I love the fact that she does interactive work in the name of Peace and Love and spreading Positivity. Her concepts are extremely simple and powerful. I love the fact that she's just herself (what else can you be?) She's in her seventies and still making art and music, including dance hits that top the charts. Great also that even though she's "busy" and "famous", she is down to earth and takes the time to interact with people and personally answer questions.

Every Friday on Twitter, Yoko answers questions from people. I asked her one last Friday and she answered it!

(My questions)
How would you do your work on a global scale without having funding to manifest it? How would you spread it far & wide?

(Yoko's Answer)
You are doing it on a global scale. Hey, have you heard of the PEBBLE PEOPLE ? You are one of the PEBBLE PEOPLE. Just look up what that means.

The song Yoko topped the dance charts with is in support of gay marriage.


1 comment:

Elspeth said...

I love her answer to this question:

Question: You inspire me… who inspires you?
Answer: Me.