Thursday, June 23, 2011

Yoga Portraits; PATRICE

NAME: Patrice Charles

OCCUPATION: Social Work student

1. HOW DID YOU DISCOVER KUNDALINI YOGA?
My friend recommended it when she found out that I was going through a depressive episode :)

2. WHAT ABOUT YOUR FIRST KUNDALINI YOGA EXPERIENCE MADE YOU DECIDE TO CONTINUE WITH IT?
My whole mood changed. I went from feeling sad and dejected to feeling clear, peaceful and hopeful.

3. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN PRACTISING KUNDALINI YOGA?
For eight months now.

4. WHAT ABOUT KUNDALINI YOGA MAKES YOU CHOOSE IT AS OPPOSED TO THE MANY OTHER FORMS OF YOGA?
This is the first form of yoga I have ever practiced. After starting Kundalini yoga I tried Hatha and Bikram yoga but they were not as comprehensive as KY. KY is so transformative because it strengthens my emotional, physical and spiritual self.

KY class is psychotherapy for me. It shows me how to get past emotional blocks and how to reach my inner teacher and develop my intuition.

5. DO YOU KEEP UP A REGULAR PRACTICE?
I haven't kept up regular practice for a while now. I feel distracted and lack discipline.

6. WHAT BENEFITS DO YOU EXPERIENCE?
Emotional strength and Resilience.

7. HAS ANYTHING ABOUT YOU OR YOUR LIFE CHANGED SINCE YOU STARTED PRACTISING KUNDALINI YOGA?
Yes, many aspects (activities and people) of my former life just fell away that were not in tune with healthy living.

8. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ASPECT OF KUNDALINI YOGA?
Pranayama - it transforms me. I feel revived and renewed! My favourite aspect after that would be the meditations/mantras - I love their meanings.

9. HOW DO YOU GENERALLY FEEL AFTER A KUNDALINI YOGA CLASS?
Energized and calm.

10. ANY WORDS OF WISDOM FOR ANYONE READING THIS?
If you are looking for a form of yoga that teaches you to Strengthen the Self, then Kundalini yoga is for you. It works very quickly to restore emotional balance. Now that I've started I can never stop!

11. HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THOU ART YOGA?
Through a friend. I honestly feel that I'm in the right class with the right teacher. I can't imagine any other.

12. ANY FAMOUS LAST WORDS?
The key is in you. Unlock your potential with the brilliant tools of Kundalini yoga.

***
To find out how you can join Thou Art Yoga classes:
http://yogapassport.blogspot.com/

No comments: