Sunday, November 7, 2010

Testimonial from Carole Anne F.

My studio at the time, laid out for Serendipity's Dinner
*
Elspeth's abillty to create a magical event is amazing. This is how it all began. I attended an art exhibition and in looking at Elspeth's work I saw an envelope to take part in a surprise event. This looked intriguing and I was admiring the windows - ( I am a photographer and have a fascination with doors and windows too) so I popped my name in there.

Well a few days later I received a call from Elspeth who invited me to a supper at the studio. This was the most wonderful experience. There were only about 8 of us, I recall, and there were many delightful surprises that only Elspeth could have dreamed up including profound little sayings in small envelopes for each person. I was unaware at the beginning that all this was, in fact, to hand over the one of the windows to its new owners and that this was being videoed as part of the journey of the window.

This, is what each window is, a kind of creative journey from the time it is found and onwards and I just loved that concept and was so happy to be a part of this one which was called "Serendipity" ... and that is why, I am guessing, there was a random element of chance thrown into the occasion. It was a beautiful object d'art and not just a window anymore and I am sure the new owners will now be cherishing that they are part of the Serendipity's journey.

Brilliant.

Carole Anne F.

Carole Anne's Blog
Carole Anne's website (undergoing transformation)

No comments: