Thursday, September 15, 2011

First Daisy Chain amazon review from a male reader

I chose to read this book during a recent long-haul flight. I was truly grateful that I made the right choice, because it proved to be an excellent travel companion! As soon as I read the first page, I was transported from the not-so-comfortable economy class to the worlds of all those women, whose stories Elspeth tells with insights, humour, and grace. Elspeth's ability in connecting the characters - yet offering each of them their own personality - is ingenious and outstanding. This book speaks directly to the heart. Reading it is like listening to a good friend telling a chain of fascinating stories - and you don't want her to stop. It's heart-warming and thought-provoking.

(Andrew)

Daisy Chain is available in Trinidad at Paper Based Bookstore, Normandie (625-3197) . . . or internationally from Amazon. Click here to purchase from amazon.

3 comments:

Carole Anne Ferris said...

So deserved I am sure. In Uk at present but so happy to see this develop Carole Anne

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. I placed my order. I think a hard copy will suit me much better than trying to read it online.

Elspeth said...

Thanks, Carole Anne. And that's great, Kikipotamus.