Wednesday's Daisy Chain reading (posting live commentary to Daisy Chain's Facebook page) was a poetic tribute to an evening well spent. Worth laying it out here so you can read all as one stream.
1. Elspeth puts out fire in Renee's hair! Wow was that spontaneous combustion or candles?
2. Doraly Rosa, Silvana Montana, Catherine Hammond and Renee Castle introduced by Elspeth... Full house and we're off... Give thanks
3. Livestreaming NOW Renee voices Clara...giving us butterflies
4. Face half in light half in dark, musings on how easily a daisy is broken...
5. Doraly Rosa speaking Andrea's dreams
6. Silvana Montana is Fiona, enticing us to follow her into old maps and creative truancy...
7. And bubbling into full laughter. All into the story now, self consciousness put aside.
8. Film intro to Catherine Hammond's reading. Thanks to tech support Liam Rezende we take a car journey between wild greenery.
9. Catherine/Mona returns to perch quietly on windowsill as the next woman, next story, comes forward. The movement of the bodies is like fugal music.
10. Film maker Karen Martinez in front row making good use of her camera. Another recorder of dreams. Wonder what is happening in the heads of all these listeners...each hearing a subtly inflected version of the stories, conjuring personal images.
11. Renee is the librarian finding the love that is fed by kindness...and select baked goods!
12. A rusty red lawnmower mows a juicy green lawn...
13. Story of teenage girl who mows lawn to earn money to go away...resonates with the other purpose of the evening, the collection to help a girl in India realize her goals of training in dance therapy...
14. Elspeth writes of women's appreciation of other women's beauty with refreshing lucidity...if you are reading this switch into watching the livestreaming...
15. Slow blue of late spring London evening outside. Paint and pain blue and red on the filmed clowns face. Doraly is Philippine...
16. Candle reflections a little Christmas in the red laptop case. Elspeth thrones beneath the dartboard flowers.
17. Audience hands crimps and lips part or clench at the story of the wife who lives her marriage in clown makeup...
18. Catherine perched on the windowsill was preparing Isadora from fluttering A4 sheets. Now she has made the text dance forth. And the daisy chain closes.
19. Drawing for doorprize! Excitement
20. Lucky winner gets a Daisy Chain book autographed by cast and author.
21. And we get coloured cards with fragments of text to fill in our own stories.
22. Putul Fund collection continues to help Putul fulfil her dreams in India.
23. People filter downstairs to the pub. Many stay upstairs, abuzz with new conversations.
24. The actresses pick a closing quote to post: 'All in the name of love'. Thanks for being here.
25. Thank you to Vahni for her live reporting of the event! Xo Elspeth