Saturday, July 17, 2010

Near future dream date

Cover of book similar to one in dream, which I have in 'real' life
*
There was a point in last night's dreaming when I woke up and thought "Wow, I have to write this down." But I was feeling too drowsy to open my eyes, get out of bed, get a pen, get paper. I lay there thinking I would remember the details when I woke up again.

I drifted off and, some time later, woke up with the same feeling - to get up and write down the dream. Again I didn't bother, telling myself I would remember when I got up for sadhana.

Now, several hours later, I don't remember all of the details, but the main part is somewhat clear. I was in a large colonial style house with wooden floors and old furniture (but it was nowadays/the modern day). I was visiting someone. At one point, for reasons I can't recall, I wrote my name on a piece of paper, along with the date 29-07-10 (which is next Thursday, 29th July 2010). Why that date?

Later in the dream, a woman came to the house to gave me a gift. It was a hardcover blue book, brand new and sealed in plastic wrap. I opened it and all of the pages were blank, except for one. It contained (in my handwriting) my signature and the future date 29-07-10 ... just as I had written it on the piece of paper earlier. The only difference was that there was a sentence written between the date and my signature. Now that I'm awake, I can't remember what the sentence said - and I'm not sure it was in my handwriting. Perhaps the woman had written it and I had signed in agreement.

I remember (in the dream) being awestruck by the sentence and the fact that my signature was in the book without it having ever been opened. The woman who had given the gift to me never said anything - just stood by my side smiling at my how-did-you-do-this amazement. Overall, it was a positive experience. Never was there a feeling of resistance to the sentence/agreement - only a sense of wonder. Even though I never got up to write the message on paper, it must be written in my subconscious.

In "real" life I have a blue book like the one in the dream. I haven't looked at it in ages, but pulled it out this morning out of curiosity. Hardly anything is in it - just about 5 pages of sparse writing - more like notes. What resonated most is what is jotted down on page 5, dated 09-09-09 under the heading YOGA BUSINESS. Simple reminders.

I wonder what it is about the 29 July 2010 ...

Side view of book

No comments: