Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I'm back & Sprout update

I have no photos to show from the first week of intensive yoga training. Immersion in the actual experience was my only focus.  Yoga every day, sometimes from as early as 4:45 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., and other days from 8:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. It was like being in heaven. In fact, it was heaven.To be doing something you love for an entire day, with kindred spirits and with nothing else from "outside life" to attend to for those seven days.

Everyone else went home at the end of the day, as they all lived in the West. Being from the East, I opted to camp out in the garden of our venue for the week, rather than commute. I slept in a massive, spacious dome-shaped tent, with doors and windows and mosquito mesh. At the end of a long day I would return to my "cave" and sleep, having intense dreams and lots of inner transformation.

With so much yoga, it is inevitable. We all had many shifts and realisations—inner and outer.

I don't feel very wordy, so this is as much as I will muster up as a recap of the experience.

To close, on an entirely different note, I'll share some images sent by Sprout's new owner, who also adopted his foster mother (now called Gabby). Both cats are doing fine and, as you'll see from the photos, Sprout has certainly sprouted.

2 comments:

Jen (emsun.org) said...

Beautiful kitties.

I have never done yoga. I've always wanted to, but it isn't as prevalent where I live.

Lynn Cohen said...

Happy for you Elspeth, that sounds like a long intense wonderful experience...I am sure you will have benefits beyond your wildest dreams for eons to come...

The kitty story is a delight!
Such an adorable kitten and happy he even got a new mom in the mix.
Wonderful save! ♥