Saturday, June 25, 2011

Yoga Portraits: DEBBIE

 NAME: Debbie Lai

OCCUPATION Admin Rep

1. HOW DID YOU DISCOVER KUNDALINI YOGA?
A friend told me about it, but I didn’t make it to my first Kundalini yoga class until a few months later.

2. WHAT ABOUT YOUR FIRST KUNDALINI YOGA EXPERIENCE MADE YOU DECIDE TO CONTINUE WITH IT?
After I left my first Kundalini yoga class, I remember feeling really good inside. Something had definitely shifted. I felt happy, calm and at peace, right through to the core of my being.

3. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN PRACTISING KUNDALINI YOGA?
Six months.

4. WHAT ABOUT KUNDALINI YOGA MAKES YOU CHOOSE IT AS OPPOSED TO THE MANY OTHER FORMS OF YOGA?
Kundalini yoga works on so much more than just the physical body. It is a much more spiritual experience that focuses on healing and purifying the mind and body. It helps me to equip myself mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually, to deal with all that I encounter on my own personal journey.

5. DO YOU KEEP UP A REGULAR PRACTICE?
I attend Kundalini yoga classes every Tuesday evening and that’s when I practise. Ideally I want to practise every day but my days seem so long and full, mornings are difficult and by evening time I’m so tired. I need to readjust my day to make the time to do it. I KNOW IT’S WORTH IT!!

6. WHAT BENEFITS DO YOU EXPERIENCE?
I feel a greater sense of awareness and clarity and I feel more self-confident. I am able now to let go of little things a lot easier.

7. HAS ANYTHING ABOUT YOU OR YOUR LIFE CHANGED SINCE YOU STARTED PRACTISING KUNDALINI YOGA?
Since I started practising Kundalini yoga, I have been feeling a lot better about myself. I feel like I am more in touch with myself, my thoughts and my spiritual side. I now look at and see everything happening in my life with a greater conscious mind.

8. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ASPECT OF KUNDALINI YOGA?
I love the mantra meditation. It puts me in a tranquil and serene state of mind, and I feel like I’m connecting with my higher Self.

9. HOW DO YOU GENERALLY FEEL AFTER A KUNDALINI YOGA CLASS?
During and after every yoga class, I feel very calm and relaxed, both my mind and body.

10. ANY WORDS OF WISDOM FOR ANYONE READING THIS?
You should try Kundalini yoga, it can help anyone, wherever you may be on your own personal journey. It will open your eyes, your heart and your mind..

11. HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THOU ART YOGA?
Through my yoga instructor, Elspeth.

12. ANY FAMOUS LAST WORDS?
"Don't let yourself be weighed down by what other people think, because in a few years, in a few decades, or in a few centuries, that way of thinking will have changed. Live now what others will only live in the future."
- Paulo Coelho

***

To find out how you can join Thou Art Yoga classes:
http://yogapassport.blogspot.com/

No comments: