Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Yoga Portraits: LENA

 
NAME: Lena Jogie

OCCUPATION: Psychologist/Teacher

1. HOW DID YOU DISCOVER KUNDALINI YOGA?
Patrice, who I met from hiking with friends. She mentioned it to me. I can't say whether I knew much about Kundalini (other than the name) until my first class.

2. WHAT ABOUT YOUR FIRST KUNDALINI YOGA EXPERIENCE MADE YOU DECIDE TO CONTINUE WITH IT?
The structured aspect. The variety of exercises, deep breathing and meditation.

3. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN PRACTISING KUNDALINI YOGA?
2 months

4. WHAT ABOUT KUNDALINI YOGA MAKES YOU CHOOSE IT AS OPPOSED TO THE MANY OTHER FORMS OF YOGA?
It actually feels truly holistic. I like the exercises. That looks easy, but becomes a challenge when it actually is practiced, given the time you have to repeat it in. I like the meditating and breathing aspect of it also. I think its holistic because of this combination.

5. DO YOU KEEP UP A REGULAR PRACTICE?
Regular practice for me thus far is once a week on Tuesday evenings. I would like to do more but I'm not ready. I will know when I'm ready I guess.

6. WHAT BENEFITS DO YOU EXPERIENCE?
Maintaining flexibility. For me it's a form of relaxation and me time.

7. HAS ANYTHING ABOUT YOU OR YOUR LIFE CHANGED SINCE YOU STARTED PRACTISING KUNDALINI YOGA?
It helps to keep me grounded.

8. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ASPECT OF KUNDALINI YOGA?
The exercise sets. Some can be easy and some challenging, although they may be so simple. I like the simplicity, the variety and the stamina required.

9. HOW DO YOU GENERALLY FEEL AFTER A KUNDALINI YOGA CLASS?
I feel great and accomplished.

10. ANY WORDS OF WISDOM FOR ANYONE READING THIS?
This yoga is feel good with a lot of insight and philosophy that can be personal to the self.

11. HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THOU ART YOGA?
From you: Elspeth Duncan via email

12. ANY FAMOUS LAST WORDS?
The music is awesome! :)

Gosh! I forgot to add that the instructor is also awesome.
:)

***

To find out how you can join Thou Art Yoga classes:
http://yogapassport.blogspot.com/