Thursday, November 24, 2011

Divine, Intuition, Intelligence and Guidance






Recently a friend lent me a book—The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity by Catherine Ponder. Some of her quotes/affirmations are featured in the above video.

Her writing reminds me somewhat of the work of Florence Scovel-Shinn, who was a New Thought Teacher, a Truth Student. Born in the late 19th century, she was active in the realm of positive thought long before the current New Age surge of books like The Secret, etc. I like those old time writers for their down to earth simplicity and straightforwardness. With all due respect to Oprah's Book Club, no book club was needed to make them popular. Florence's books, in my opinion, are the best I've read on affirmations, positive thinking, ridding the mind of negatives, improving life through the power of using the right words and thoughts, etc. Truly life transforming.

This book (at amazon), The Wisdom of Florence Scovel-Shinn is a collection of her four books. I would advise you to get this one. It's the one I have. I re-read it recently and just in talking to a few friends about it, they all got it and are now into Florence, reaping the rewards of her words and application of the simple techniques.

If interested, you can begin to read some of her work online here.


No comments: