Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Animation can be very inspiring

Last night I went to the opening of the Animae Caribe Animation and New Media Festival. They are celebrating 10 years of the art of animation. Check the schedule. There is an interesting line up of films and workshops.

Last night a few fantastic short animated pieces were screened. One in particular, Teclopolis, was a work of genius, using simple household objects, old magazines and old computer parts to make an environmental statement. Look at the short clip below. I particularly love how they represented the ocean.

2 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

amazing...................thanks for sharing.............hi.............

Nan Sheppard said...

Wow, I love it! I'm just remaking my blog list because it weirdly disappeared... and you're on it :)