Wednesday, September 10, 2008

While in traffic ...

Stuck in traffic the other day behind PERSISTENT FAITH.

Tonzzzzzzzzzzzzzz of traffic these days, not to mention heat. I have to head out this morning to be near Moka (not Cherrymoka, if you're reading this - and congrats again) ... for a meeting (to interview someone for an article) at 9:00. This is prime traffic time from East to West. I will use an affirmation. Traffic is a great place to try out affirmations and see them work.

Once I was driving home and, fed up of the traffic, I said: "The traffic clears miraculously and I am home by X time." Within a few minutes, the cars ahead started to move forward and everything flowed from there. Turned out that we were being kept back by a truck digging the road (at peak traffic hour). Once we had passed that, the roads were clear. I was indeed home by X time ... in fact X time on the dot.

Yesterday afternoon I went to the airport to collect a friend. She landed at 3 p.m. and I did not get there until 4:00 (having left home at 2:30-ish or just before). Traffic for miles, not even moving! And people driving badly, rushing and squeezing to get in or out and causing more pile ups. As I reached a junction in the Tacarigua area, I said: "The traffic clears miraculously and I flow easily to the airport. Now." Next thing you know, within about one minute the cars ahead of me started to move, kept moving (with a brief stop or two at a light or junction) and I did 'flow' through to the airport.

So whenever stuck in traffic, why not use the time to say affirmations? ... not just for the roads, but for life.

2 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

Why didnt you say it sooner?
;-)

Elspeth said...

I didn't think of it sooner.