Sunday, November 2, 2008

Two rainbows, two dolphins and a pair of angel wings

Pulling into the jetty on the way back from 'down the islands', just before sunset ...
these clouds reminded me of a huge pair of angel's wings.


*
My entire body feels the pain today (good pain) after a full day-into-afternoon on Chacachacare Island shooting with my friend Miss T from TO. We arrived by boat then, together with two of the subjects of her documentary, made the 30 - 45 minute hike up a steep, winding road, to the light house. From up there, the view of the islands is breathtaking. And Venezuela is so close, you feel you could skip a pebble and it would reach.

On the journey back, I observed the following beautiful pairs of symbols. Things I see often jump out at me as being more than just 'things I see'. I'm sure it happens to you too. That's when 'things we see' are divine symbols and messages, telling us something important, giving us clues to life's grand treasures.

(1) Two rainbows - one, when we were walking down the hill from the light house, looked so close that it seemed to end (or begin) in the bush a few steps away from us at the roadside. The other was in clouds over the mainland on the boat ride back. Rainbows symbolise many things - from being a symbol of 'gay pride' to signifying hope, the promise of a new day, arc of God, bridge between heaven and earth ... etc. In addition to those things, for me it is one of my favourite natural phenomena (if not my favourite). Seeing one, no matter how small or faint, always makes me say "Wow!" and uplifts me. It's a great sign.

(2) Two dolphins - A power animal moment and another thing that makes me say "Wow!" I saw them rising together out of the water in the distance. Dolphins play in that peninsula. When I used to go fishing years ago with my friends Joseph, Curtis and Wayne, the dolphins would sometimes frolic alongside the boat, more so when we banged on the side of the boat to call them. According to this source, dolphins represent: joy, spiritual depth, play.

Extract:
The dolphin is a symbol of joy, of being able to ‘go with the flow’ of life, free from worry. It is significant that they are mammals that live in water because water and the oceans are symbolic of our deeper emotions and the cosmic ocean of life. Dolphins play, leap, twist and turn in these waters, and so as a symbol they represent the ability for us to release limitations, and then accept and enjoy our deeper spiritual nature. Dolphins do not dwell on the meaning of life, they simply live life to the full as a part of the cosmic dance. You should wear the symbol of dolphin as a way of showing your intention to become more at one with the breath of life (that is the spiritual nature of life) and to promote a connection with laughter, joyful release and the ability to give of yourself freely to others.

Seeing a pair of dolphins also always makes me think of a happy, simple, soul-connected, unconditional life-love partnership.

(3) A pair of Angel Wings - The image of huge, luminous angel wings in the sky spreading over everything at the end of the day (see above photo) speaks for itself. Huge cosmic blessings.

1 comment:

Lynn Cohen said...

Beautiful photo of angel wing clouds and beautiful words to wake up this Sunday morning to.
Thanks for sharing.
Happy Sunday.