Monday, June 15, 2009

My first sari


I've always wanted a sari, but never got one. Yesterday at the Indian fair I was drawn to this particular one because of the colour. It's a colour I've come to like a lot and, whenever I wear it, people inevitably say: "That colour looks great on you." When I looked closer, I knew the sari was 'mine' because it has my tattoo all over it in gold. I don't know how to wrap it, but I have various friends who can show me.
The flowers along the bottom are very 'me' too. Interestingly, my tattoo (circle with dot in middle) and a flower merge to form the Happy Hippy logo. If you click here and scroll down, you will see it.

7 comments:

Inkster said...

gorgeous
i love it! Can't wait to see u wear it....a certain opening night perhaps? :)

my word confirmation is festsycl....to me it says fetus cycle....interesting as i fell asleep reading louise hay last night.

Elspeth said...

Hmmm, opening of what, I wonder.

What does fetus cycle have to do with Louise? To me it sounds like something more to do with your new husband. ;)

Samantha said...

You know Elspeth...do we have similar stars in our map? I am currently looking for a sari to wear at my 20th High School reunion. Went to school in furren...want to wear a Sari to it in November.....

Elspeth said...

Namaste.

Shubhajit said...

Oriental hyperbole everywhere!

This is a lovely piece of sari but little flashy according to normal Indian taste.

Elspeth said...

What you are seeing is a close up of details, Subhajit. Most of the sari is just plain blue cloth with the small tattoo dotted around it. Yes, there are much more simple saris, but I don't find this one flashy at all compared to some I've seen here. They are shiny, covered in glittery things, designs everywhere, etc.

saree point said...

Whether its Bollywood saree, Tollywood saree or sexy saree. All photos can be found at once place, called saree point. This website gives you latest saree photos and saree news. This Sari website has been divided into 3 parts. One gives latest Sari information and photos while the second section provides Bollywood saree information. While the third section have Sari Model photos and information.sari
http://www.sareepoint.com