Monday, October 25, 2010

We are all healers

Yesterday I attended a Meridian Chakra Healing workshop led by a visiting yogi (Yogi Aftab, who introduced Kundalini Yoga to TT in 1973). He was a student of Yogi Bhajan (the Mahan Tantric who brought Kundalini Yoga to the West in 1969). You can read more about Aftab and the workshop in this article. We learned massage and trigger point simulation to balance the meridians and chakras.

There were 28 of us in all doing the workshop. We partnered up to practice the points/techniques on each other. Simple and powerful. I love doing hands on healing work.

Of course, for any healing technique to be effective, the person has to want to be healed. What Yogi A. told us about relaxing the person to facilitate healing is similar to the premise of SPHE-RE healing (which I learned earlier this year) where the body goes into such a deep state of peace that self-healing occurs. 

One of the points we learned yesterday was one which Yogi A said Yogi Bhajan had indicated was all that was necessary. Touch those two points for as long as you want (e.g. 15 mins) and the healing is done. When he showed us the point it reminded me of one of my earliest and clearest childhood memories:

My sister Vanessa was a baby, so I was four.  Maybe she had recently been born and I was fascinated, because I was standing by her crib in my parents' room watching her cry.  I remember mummy being in the kitchen. After a short while of watching her, I took my finger and touched her third eye (although as a four year old child I would not have known that name for it). The crying stopped instantly and she fell asleep as soon as she felt my finger. It was like pushing a button to turn off something.


We are all healers, whether we realise it or not. We know naturally and instinctively what to do to heal ourselves and others. However, as we "grow up", various things happen—doubts, fears and other inhibitors rise up and block our natural instincts, we become dependent on doctors and medication, we cease to listen to the body and trust its ability to repair itself.

Something as simple as a shift in mindset ... and healing occurs.

5 comments:

Patrice said...

wow

Patrice said...

i am interested in learning more about SPHE-RE healing. Perhaps we can discuss it tomorrow?

Elspeth said...

Sure.

Lynn Cohen said...

Big smile!

SHUBHAJIT said...

Absolutely true.

We can heal, we can change, we can transform and often people call it miracle. but it is actually concentration.