Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My watermelon surprise

Inspecting the crop with Jasper

This morning when I returned from my walk, I glanced at the watermelon vine and saw this baby watermelon peeping out at me! My second glance caught sight of another watermelon, the size and shape of a small cucumber, further along the vine. What a surprise.

This vine is what grew from me sitting in the driveway on mornings after a walk, eating watermelon and tossing the seeds into the soil under the pine tree.

4 comments:

Tammy-Jade™ said...

OMG....that is so very awesome.

:-D

Unknown said...

That's so cool! Congratulations :)

Incidentally, my verification word is 'Calista', which means Beautiful. Very appropriate for your bounty I'd say.

Lynn Cohen said...

It will be fun to see how big they grow. Is it still very hot there? Jasper looks so sweet looking at it. He almost looks like a kitten.

SHUBHAJIT said...

Life finds its own way